Saturday, August 20, 2005

Where Have My Blue Boxers Run Off To Now?

These days my life is filled with more mundane concerns than failed banks.

I have no idea how six pair of blue boxers could disappear overnight.

I mean, it's not like I leave the house much.

And dryers usually just eat socks.

Little Miss Attila had a nice discussion of the Tighty Whities vs. Boxers Etc. a while back. I didn't weigh in because it was about guys, pretty much.

For me, they aren't always underwear. I can wear them as shorts, too.

Allergic people get underwear issues. All sorts of clothing issues, really. You're allergic to the material itself, or laundry soap residue, or your own sweat held against your skin by clothing. Some materials are particularly adept at having pollens or animal hair stick to them.

So imagine my joy when I finally discovered I could wear underwear in the form of boxers.

I like blue. Most of mine are sky-blue, but I also have one pair white, and one pair dark blue. Those are my Serious Businesslike Boxers. I wear them to the doctors'.

Last Christmas, I explained to nephew whyisthis about acquiring the blue boxers. And, that my friend Burke would have been proud of me on at least five levels.

He decided he didn't want to know the details.

That's probably for the best. Nephews may not benefit much from a better understanding of their eccentric auntie's blue boxers.

So nephew dear, if you're reading this, skip the rest.

I. Blue.
2. Izod. Always go for good quality.
3. Extra cheap at Sam's - 3 pairs for $12.00.
4. Boxers. Ever so loose and comfy. And: Cotton. More comfyness.
5. Not just undies! Shorts, too!

But where have they GONE?!?

Really, I can't find them anywhere.

No comments: