Sunday, January 29, 2006

Thank you, Desert Cat

Another thing I spent a good chunk of time on recently was reading Miss Livey's blog.

I found her through Desert Cat. He got all mamacat chivalrous toward some joshing Livey was taking from another blogger. It was meant in a friendly spirit, but looked harsh enough that he took it for mean-spirited instead, and pounced to her defense. Claws unsheathed, the whole nine yards. Magnificent.

Naturally, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

So I checked her blog and comments - http://northwoodswoman.blogspot.com/ - and the other blogs involved in the fray, and decided that to really *get it,* I needed the whole story. Besides, her blog was one of the most entertaining, thought-provoking, intelligent, fun, and honest ones I've ever come across. Superb.

So, for only the second time in my life, I sat down and systematically read every single post she ever wrote, from the beginning of her archives to the end, including any comments still on file.

And boy oh boy was it fun!

I went from interested to totally enamored. I couldn't pull myself away. I saw so many parallels in our lives. Our awful health, pain, living on disability, doing our own rehab - even down to the rocks. So much more besides. This all tickled the hell out of me.

The only other time I've reacted that way to another blogger was Desert Cat himself. And his archives are the only other ones I've sat down to read from beginning to end.

I love that interconnection, that circularity. How his actions in regard to her are what led me to that heavenly blog in the first place.

So thank you, Desert Cat.

I'm so proud this man is my blogdad. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

4 comments:

Desert Cat said...

well...how long can I leave that hanging there before I think of something to say?

k said...

hee hee! Don't gotta say nothin. I shall continue to embarrass you at will, every time you do something I admire. Learn to live with it.

{{{ :-) }}}

Northwoods Woman said...

I LOVE YOU BOTH!

k said...

Right back atcha, gf!

{{{hugs!!!}}}