Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Worst is Over

It's 10:30 PM and it's still 68 degrees out there. I'm still shut up in the house, but tomorrow I have a doc visit, and I know I'll be okay to go outside. I was better enough today that I even got some house clearing done. I feel better. I had some function again.

My Big Gun pain control, after the anti-inflammatories, high dose muscle relaxers, Doxepin, and vitamin supplements, is 50 mg Fentanyl patches. What happened the last few days is what I used to call a *pain attack.* Relying on oxycodone for something like that just doesn't do it. The med wears off in a few hours. You wake up at night in a terrible condition, and during the day you can feel it fluctuate on you, and then you try to wait a little too long, not wanting to over-medicate and get in all kinds of trouble, living here in Florida...

The patches last for 3 days. Well, not really, but hey. Close enough. I know very well what I would have felt without them. I am grateful.

So thank you, all powers that be, for keeping me out of that abyss this week. And then - for making it warm again.

Oh, I can't wait to go outside again. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

Glad you are feeling better hun!

k said...

Aw, thanks. Now I'm back outside again playing in my yard. I feel like a little kid at Christmas.