Thursday, March 09, 2006

Computer Update

Walter gave me a few minutes' computer time before he kicks me out. Here's an update to hold me while I'm offline again.

So far, a wonderful new wireless mouse and keyboard are installed. Yes - a wireless KEYBOARD. Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.1. Will wonders never cease. No more knocking papers to the floor with the wires as I pull it onto my lap! And it's a nice comfortable one to use.

The house computer has been on its last legs for around two years now. We got it in 2000. Walter's skill in babying it along has kept it going way past its time. But it's been awful to use lately.

k needing a laptop anyway, we got that too. It's a Gateway AMD Turion 64. A *Gateway MX6421 Notebook PC.* If the house computer croaks before we're ready to replace it, I'll have a backup to use.

Meanwhile, Walter is doing something mysterious with some other thing to maybe keep us from needing a house computer at all. He'll have to stand here and tell me what it is for me to post about it, tho.

So...one more computer post from a technophobe non-sophisticate. Hoping I might amuse all y'all computer savvy types with this here.

All told, this came to $968. Some fine shopping by Walter there. Does k, broke as usual, have that just laying around? No. Except for the bits and pieces of money she's been squirreling away from housekeeping funds.

Save your money, folks. Even if it's only $1 or $5 here and there, save it. No matter how broke you are or if you're behind in your bills, save at the same time. I used to do that when I was young. I don't know what happened. But as I sit here typing on this wonderful new keyboard today, I sure am glad I started to do it again.

2 comments:

JP Mac said...

Good for you.

And Walter.

Blog with a will!

k said...

Oh what a difference equipment can make! It's only beginning to sink in how this old broken stuff has held me back. I'm getting that Soon to be Unplugged feeling stealing over me.