Saturday, March 10, 2007

Don't You Just Hate These Long Good-Byes?

We drove up to Atlanta to take Walter to his *new* truck. In the end it was the only reasonable way to get him there, get him back to work.

We left around midnight Wednesday. I slept in the Saturn most of the trip up there, and all day Thursday, then Thursday night too. By Thursday afternoon his truck was fully fixed and prepped and ready to go, and Friday morning he had his first load, and so...he left.

Me too.

I drove home, dawdling about in Georgia along the way, then barreling back into Florida. Came in last night around 9:30. Miles: 666.2.

So.

He's gone now. Really gone. And I'm home.

He's doing well. Driving well. Finally.

Me?...

There are so many Useful Things I could do today. Errands, so forth. Chores.

I believe I'll do something else instead. Something that's a chore to lots of other people, but the ultimate escapist Fun for me: go play in my yard.

Yes. I seem to need some yard time.

This house, see, it's just so quiet.

So quiet.

He's gone.

10 comments:

Pretty Lady said...

My heart, it breaks. :-(

Nancy said...

He'll be back soon... I know. Even tomorrow would be so long...

Back to gardening for both of us!

PS

Might be ready for my package...

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Yard time is good for the soul ...

KeesKennis said...

AAWW k, it's tough, but stay busy it helps.

Jean said...

Try not to worry too much... and keep taking care of yourself.

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

It's the pits, missing someone. That's part of the deal--if we didn't love so much we wouldn't miss so much. But would we want to give up loving??? WOuld we?

Is your devil-tailed friend still around? Hope all is well.

Desert Cat said...

There's a storm across the valley
Clouds are rollin' in,
And ten days on the road are barely gone.

There's a fire softly burnin'
And supper's on the stove,
But it's the light in your eyes
That makes him warm...

Cindi said...

Awww Desert Cat!
Like everyone said, you gotta keep yourself busy and before you know it he will be home and snuggle time again. (((hugs)))

Desert Cat said...

Well the chorus to that song is for when he returns :)

Northwoods Woman said...

(hugs)