Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Birthday, Walter!


There's a reason agates are called gemstones.


These are different views of the same rock. As is, picked up off the beach. NOT cut or polished yet. Clicky, and see the incredible details on this one.


I did spray it to get it wet, and make the colors and patterns jump out a bit better.


This one is bigger than my fist. It's sitting on the laptop here, to give you an idea of its size.

This one is for Walter. It's become my special pet rock, now, and I carry it everywhere with me.

I promised him pix of it, either by email or post. Here you are, my dearest. I love you.

11 comments:

Desert Cat said...

Holy MOLY that's a monsta agate!

Man, that's big enough you could make a stained glass window out of cut slices of it!

Northwoods Woman said...

Happy Birthday Walter!
I love you too!

sue said...

How sweet... Happy Birthday Walter!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Walter! And K!! it's about time you checked in Girlie!!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Glad to see you're alive and kicking!

My best to Walter!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

PS The rock looks like a petrified alien-brain.

Jan said...

k..you've been gone forever!

I was just thinking the same thing as pepektheassassin..it does kinda look like a brain!

Happy Birthday, Walter!

Anonymous said...

I know you mentioned it in passing, but am i the only one that was looking at these pictures saying "she's using her computer to hold a rock.... i can't believe she's just letting that sit on it like that!..."? ;-) (many chuckles)


I love you for the differences between us.

k said...

HI!!! Yes, I am alive. I'm sitting in the Coffee Cabin, availing myself of their free wireless.

Actually, that one is NOT an Alien Brain.

No.

It's MINE.

Which is why I've been doing such foolish things as putting a big heavy rock on top of my laptop.

;')

Anonymous said...

Nice rock.
Happy Birthday Walter, wherever you are!

k said...

Funny thing about that, snog dot. I never know where he is either.
;-)

Except I know it must be a very happy place, because it has Him in it.