Wednesday, October 31, 2007

So Far, So...Okay.

I just got back from visiting with Walter. He looks and feels better today. What a relief to see the change in his color. He's on a nitro patch too, no more messing with waiting for the pills here and there.

They'll be keeping him another night. Outside of high cholesterol (248), Walter's blood tests, etc., aren't too bad so far. The changes in certain enzymes they look for to determine if he had a heart attack are coming back clear. I think we got him there in time to stave one off. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

He'll have one more blood test later this afternoon. Then his cardiologist - who's now in possession of a copy of the file from Deaconess - will decide what, if anything, they do next.

An angiogram would be nice. That's where they put the dye in your vessels and map how it travels through, showing blockages or blood clots, things of that nature.

But for now, at least, we do know he's safe. He's in good hands.

Not as good as Deaconess, not by a long shot. Good enough though. That's all I'm asking for now.

Time for a nap. I'm exhausted inside and out. I'd like to be ready just in case some cute little trick-or-treaters aren't scared away by the hurricane. I'm fond of Halloween, but I tend to miss it. Last year it was the terrible leg infection. Now, at least, I'm ready if it decides not to rain itself out.

I hear you all out there. You're keeping me safe, too. I thank you for that.

15 comments:

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Geez, lady. We are living parallel lives or something. I just spent hours sitting in the ER with mine--something's causing a whole lot of bleeding...they did a CT scan Sunday night, and today a colonoscopy. So between hospital visits and running to take video of various school halloween parades, etc it's been kinda hectic. Glad Walter's improving. I thought I might be bringing mine home this afternoon (Thursday) but nobody up there seems to know ANYTHING!

So. Season's Greetings! I'm thinking about you both....

Omnibabe said...

I'm keeping you and Walter in my prayers.

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Well. They're keeping mine another night, too....

Anonymous said...

love and prayers surround you and your Walter....all through these hours, this night...


betsye

k said...

Lord, miss assassin. That's awful. I just HATE it when nobody has any idea what's up. It has a way of inspiring the worst lack of confidence in them!

Season's Greetings indeed. Spooky night.

Okay. We're both in the same boat once again: you're in my own thoughts and prayers too.

We'll see which one gets out first...

Leslie, betsye - thank you, both. I no longer feel so alone in these things, and it's remarkable how much that helps.

Northwoods Woman said...

I'd call you but I don't want to wake you up. So call me when you wake up! Love ya!

Jan said...

k..I don't know how in the world I missed this, as often as I check your blog, but I was shocked to hear about Walter, thinking he was probably already on the road and gone by now.

You know you, and Walter, are in my heart and in my prayers..and you know how much I believe in the power of prayer, don't you?

Take care of yourself, and know that we are all out here for you.

Granny J said...

I have both of you in my heart and am broadcasting strong get well vibes as best and as fast and as strong as I can. See that they take care of your guy!

Anonymous said...

morning prayers...
may you 'open your eyes', feeling good, strong...and, ready for the events of this day...smiles.
...have that 'cup of expresso'...and, 'find' good news about 'your walter'...
...prayers and love go with you...
betsye

Dazd said...

I'm glad to hear he's doing much better K. I will keep sending prayers and good wishes.

Yes I definitely missed something. lol Thank you for providing the link.

DNR said...

(((hugs)))

Wish I could be there for ya. You and Walter will be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

Cindi said...

Oh my...I am so glad you got Walter to the hospital! Very good that you also had the Deaconess medical report.
Saying a prayer for you and Walter.

Gotta go to work...take care K!
Love ya.

Jean said...

oh my goodness!

Sending strong thoughts your way.
Walter is blessed to have your strength!

Anonymous said...

evening prayers...and, sweet dreams to you, dear k, and to your walter...

betsye

k said...

I love you guys.

He's home now.

He's home.