Sunday, February 26, 2006

Crapblogging

I've been battling all weekend with the computer. And Comcast broadband. Now I'm back on dialup, until Thursday, when a tech can come out and do mysterious things to my modem. Meanwhile, the keyboard only wants to work here and there.

Which all put me in a crappy frame of mind.

Literally.

It's come to my attention that there's a whole subset of blogdom called Crapblogging.

Not everyone appreciates this earthy form of humor. Some, in fact, can't tolerate it at all.

Others live and die by it. They even have contests for the best poop stories and stuff. Recently, Acidman won, and was declared Crapmaster, or King of Crap, or something. It really was a very funny story. You can read it here: http://gutrumbles.com/archives2/004325.php#004325

Then there's folks like me. Not at all a connoisseur, but certainly a sincere part-time appreciator.

This one here? http://conservative-insurgent.blog-city.com/read/1643394.htm It's up among the funniest I've ever read.

Maybe - besides satisfying my need to hear about other crappy situations today - maybe this story appeals to the do-it-yourselfer in me. You know. The one who has some friction with my town's Permit Department sometimes?

Anyway - If crapblogging is up YOUR alley - enjoy!

11 comments:

Desert Cat said...

Ahaha! Hydrogen peroxide is amazingly reactive stuff. I wonder what prompted him to dump *fifty-five* gallons of it into his septic tank?

Y'know those baking soda and vinegar volcanoes that grade school kids make? Well this was a pretty predictable result of his actions, based on a similar principle, only on a "grown-up" scale!

k said...

Plus, I'd sure be surprised to hear any school projects contained the *Secret Ingredient* his did!

Think his neighbors were a bit, oh, chafed with him?

Northwoods Woman said...

I have no problem crapblogging, I think it's funny. We are all human fer shits sake!

k said...

Yeah, you got it Livey - fer SHIT'S sake!!!

:-D

Desert Cat said...

I'm glad to see some girls find it as funny as I do. Here I was being led to believe it was a strictly guy thing. Daisycat just rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

A-Man may be the crown-king of crapbloggers, but youall really ought to search Neanderpundit's site for his crapblogging episodes. He got *my* vote, for sure.

k said...

Shit's a part of life. There's not much about real life that I can't see humor in.

Good thing, too.

The funniest crapblog I ever read was the guy with the snake you posted about one day. Any chance you have that link handy? I need to put it in my *All Time Best* book.

Desert Cat said...

Yes, that was Og the Neanderpundit. I nearly choked from laughter reading it. And then again when I went back to read it a second time.

I'd probably still howl if I went looking for it to read yet again.

Desert Cat said...

Here is a link to his site where he links to all his crapblog posts to date. The first link "I" is the one you are referring to.

Desert Cat said...

I can't help it--I crack up every time I read it...twice this evening.

Anonymous said...

I feel better then I have in Years.

Anonymous said...

Regarding your blog - free call to usa and canada. I have just signed up to talktalk broadband and is an absolutely superb deal. I get free telephone calls 24/7 plus free 8Mb/s broadband (which is lightening fast btw). I would definitely recommend talktalk broadband for anyone in the uk. Also available at www.bargainplace.co.uk