Saturday, May 06, 2006

Buzzards Have Some Odd Habits


Posted by Picasa
One thing is, they like to peel the rubber from your car. Windshield wiper blades, the seals around your windows, like that. I don't know what they do with it. I'm not sure anyone does. http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/9933

So on the way home from Wildwood, I snuggled into the back of the Saturn to pick up where I left off: sleeping.

Whereupon, I was awakened from a sound snooze by a big SLAM, and the unmistakable crunch and crinkle of breaking glass.

--Hmph? I queried Walter.

--A vulture.

He pointed to the windshield. It wasn't just starred, see. It was half caved in. Like a person's head had slammed into it.

I have no idea how such a graceful and intelligent bird got itself into such a mess. Was it intentional? Defenestration? Er, no...enfenestration?

Driven to destruction by an overpowering need for an automobile rubber fix?

Why ever it did, it paid the ultimate price.

I hope you'll forgive me for going right back to sleep.

No comments: