Friday, May 05, 2006

Pops Did Good! Blogdaughter...well...Did.

My blogdad, http://desertcat.blogspot.com/, just passed the 40,000 mark. Too totally cool!

I have no idea why he tolerates me calling him Pops from time to time. He strikes me as far too dignified to deserve a Pops. He's also quite courteous, in a courtly sort of way that's always appealed to me in anyone.

So maybe that's why he hasn't yet reached a great furry paw through the 'sphere and *popped* me one upside the head.

Or maybe he lets me slide because a dutiful blogdaughter is supposed to sass her blogdad, time to time?

Or maybe just because I never committed the sin of calling him Jim.

Anyway - I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I really have the best blogdad and blogmom http://littlemissattila.mu.nu/ in the 'sphere. Especially for such a lame-ass blogger as yon blogdaughter is. I mean, just look at their beautiful sophisticated sites! Oh, those gorgeous avatars! makes me want to hide under the workstation, shame!

I dunno how to do nuthin'.

Can't put my pix in my posts worth a damn - gotta post 'em separately. Don't know how to blogroll - downright rude, that. Can't do that thing with links except put the whole link in, and I'm doing really good if it's not broken.

Got no cool quotes. No jokes. No decorations. Or any thing that might resemble something like a, uh, *banner.* Whatever that is.

After my first year blogiversary was when I finally put up a sort-of profile.

I never yet put up any neat quizzes - it seems I only like to take them on other people's blogs. I have no idea what animal I may be in any ecosystem. What that ecosystem thing even is, mystifies me. I'm not too sure what a *meme* is. I don't know one single word of html.

I never cared much about traffic, partly because I don't ever want to put up any ads. It's not that I don't care if anyone ever reads any of this. Of course I do. I hope people read it and laugh and look at some pix and think a little bit and generally enjoy a visit, time to time. I'm just not real big on watching the numbers. Not a contest, here. Don't wanna go there even a little.

So it made me giggle when I realized that my Sitemeter wasn't working. For seven or nine months I always had precisely *zero* visits.

Silly Sitemeter! i grinned. If I have Comments then surely it knows I've had Visitors! the fool thing! HA! it dunno how to count, not one bit!

One of the great things my blogmom and blogdad have in common is their absolute patience with my lame-assedness.

So without betraying the tiniest hint of the scorn and derision I deserved - or the littlest bit of a laugh back AT me - said blogmom very gently pointed out to me, a few months back, that perhaps my sitemeter would work better if I turned it on.

Well.

I gave this some thought.

I'm a very slow thinker.

So, last week, I decided to turn it on. Ya know. Suck it up and figure it out. I mean, I thought I DID turn it on, before. It never occurred to me that it might not actually be broken.

Well. It's working now.

I have no idea how to make it show the number of visits. I gather from other blogs that you can just click the button and see what I see, pretty much.

But if you can't, I'll tell you right now, I've had - hold on here - 79 recorded visits as of this writing.

How about that!

I thank you all kindly. All you in that count, and everyone else who's come by over the last year. I do appreciate the visit, and hope y'all come see me again.

2 comments:

Desert Cat said...

Dear, you crack me up sometimes, that's why. And not in a scornful way. I love you dearly you know.

E-mail me sometime if you ever want to tackle the task of adding blogrolls, etc. It *will* require a bit of HTML, and you may have to trust me with the password to your blog long enough to do some template editing, but I can help you set it up to make it as easy as possible to add names later.

k said...

Oh! Thank you! I'm moving slowly in that direction, I can tell. Profile, sitemeter...Who knows what great achievements will follow? I think I can handle the html learning phobia with a little virtual handholding backing me up. That usually works out pretty well with other stuff. And my passwords are all yours. Goodness yes.

(*blush*) I love you dearly too, Pops. (aww, *mush!*) You da bomb.