Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cholesterol Breakfast at Denny's

Geez. Live-blogging a hurricane sounds so...romantic. In comparison I mean.

It's around 7AM. We're at Wildwood, FL, just about to hit the Florida Turnpike to Ft. Pierce, then I-95, then home. Then a quick shower for Walter and off to INS for his biometrics at 2PM.

I just finished most of a *Meat Lover's* breakfast here. I was trying to remember when the last time I had something like this was. A year at least. As much as I champion the meaningful use of comfort food, I have a sense of propriety - properness - about it. Truth be told, most of my comfort food consists of stuff like fresh broccoli, and fancy desserts of peanut butter on apple.

So. Sausage, bacon, ham, scrambled eggs, hash browns and pancakes? Yow.

It was delicious.

We're sitting here with both our laptops out, slurping up free wifi. Watching all the millions of cops going in and out. You think the donut shop's a cop magnet? just come by Denny's in Wildwood.

And why, pray tell, are we still so far from home out here?

Well. yeah. k got off to a late start.

I mean, the house was a hideous mess. Really. Been a long, long time since I could afford a housekeeper, despite its extreme priority for any and all superallergics. So when I'm sick and not moving around much it can get pretty bad pretty quick. Not to mention, I hadn't finished juicing my oranges.

So, lots of dusting and juicing and mopping and tidying and several hours later than planned, I was finally satisfied enough with what I was coming back to.

Lame-ass. I know.

And since by then, there was rush hour traffic to consider - meaning, any time after 5am down here - I went on Alligator Alley instead of the turnpike. About 50 miles extra, but at that time of day, total drive time would be the same. And Alligator Alley's so extremely more pleasant than I-95 through Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Much lower tolls too, by cutting out the turnpike.

And, then, one does get a bit tired of the highway and want to wander around in Bone Valley. As I explained to Walter, it was actually sort of a shortcut. If you wanted to look at it that way. And if you didn't go around, uh, exploring...

But hey. It worked. We'll get there. And Walter never minded or questioned or hurried me in any way shape or form. Almost as if he EXPECTED all this. Or, no.

More than that.

PLANNED it?!?

Like he thought I could use some cheering up? And knew the very best way to do it?

This is one fine man here.

So smart it's almost scary.

hee hee! He wants me to stop talking about him.

Hey, honey. Paybacks are hell.

No comments: