Saturday, October 21, 2006

Caution: Poor Mr. Foot Can Harsh Your Mellow


...Your feet's too big!
Don't want ya 'cause your feet's too big!
Can't use ya 'cause your feet's too big!
I really hate ya 'cause your feet's too big! Yeah!

...Oh, your pedal extremities are colossal!
To me you look just like a fossil!
You got me walkin', talkin' and squawkin',
'Cause your feet's too big, yeah!

--from: Your Feet's Too Big (Benson, Fisher) http://www.heptune.com/yourfeet.html
Transcribed from Fats Waller and His Rhythm, vocals by Fats Waller; recorded 11/3/39 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The places with bandaids and white stuff are little surface MRSA infections. The white stuff is Silvadene, which has worked very well for me for a long time in killing the surface MRSA's - the kind I usually call *mini-MRSA's.*

What's happening here is different. This infection is inside the leg, in the tissues. It's the same way I almost lost the same foot in 2004. I've never put up a picture of Poor Mr. Foot before, because I wanted to start at the beginning, so to speak. Now, who cares. It's time. Posted by Picasa

The scars on the left foot are from the surgery that saved him before. The old infection went in through the middle toe and into the tendon sheath. It ate all the skin off that toe, and part of the foot, so it looks like a burn scar, shiny and gray. The middle toe is always a little purple, sometimes more, sometimes less, from the scar tissue.

The incision scar is where the great Dr. M, orthopedic foot surgeon, drained the abscess. It was about the size of a large orange or small grapefruit by then.

The swollen pink areas are where the infection was when I took these pix yesterday.

The last photo shows some of the effects of the internal scarring. The middle toe's tendon is shortened and I can't bend it right. That's true, to a lesser extent, of all the upper foot.

Usually, from the outside, he looks remarkably good.

No comments: